The HMQS Gayundah, Woody Point, Redcliffe, Queensland, Australia
How nice it is have this ship wreck only a 30 minute drive away. HMQS Gayundah was a flat-iron gunboat operated by the Queensland Maritime Defence Force and later the Royal Australian Navy (as HMAS Gayundah). She entered service in 1884 and was used to protect the coast line with its many bays and estuaries. In 1903 became the first warship within Australia to use wireless telegraphy. In later years, the Gayundah became a tender sea ship and a mine sweeper.
In 1921, she was decommissioned and sold to a civilian company and was stripped and converted into a gravel barge and used in Brisbane until the late 1950s when she was scrapped. In 1958, Gayundah was run aground at Woody Point near Redcliffe to serve as a breakwater structure. She is now a rusted shell and it may be a sad ending but Gayundah still protects the Australian shoreline from erosion, well for a little longer at least.
[Source1] [Source 2]